Friday, February 24, 2012

Rendezvous Holiday Miracle

I was corrected by an old Yukoner yesterday- our territorial holiday should be called 'the Rendezvous holiday', not Heritage Day, as it says on our calendar. The Rendezvous holiday spirits seem to work in mysterious ways- Colin was at the Sally Ann yesterday, and scored a jackpot:   

An insulated, hooded work onesie, complete with a Yukon patch!

A rabbit fur cold-weather hat!
Colin is out in his insulated onesie (I know he would not like me calling it that!), grooming the ski trails at the community centre. I would love to wear my hat, but the forecast for today is -8 and snowy, which is just not cold enough. It's a bit ironic that as soon as we figure out cold-weather dressing and get our gear (my mukluks arrived a few weeks ago), it is Ontario-warm! I really hope it gets cold again soon.

Happy Rendezvous holiday!
Love Lauren 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, love the cool 'finds'! Is this the Yukon version of a Playboy Bunny? Very sexy!

    ReplyDelete